Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chapters 26 - 40



Adam Trask buys a Model T Ford

Now I know this wasn't a huge monumental part of the book, by any means.  i have just always dreamed of owning an old car, such as this one.  Ahhh.... the wind in my hair, bumping along with every pebble or stone in the road, honking my horn... anyway, back to reality.
Now onto the meat of those chapters-
Lee seems to be such a wise man.  Sometimes direct and a bit long-winded.  His advice is still good and genuine and means no harm.
I'm always looking for friends like that.  Aren't you?  Someone to tell you the truth, even when it may be hard to hear?  Then again, Samuel Hamilton was similar that way too. hmmmm... just thought of that now.
I'll take em as friends!



(This is Jo Van Fleet, who played Kate, in the movie... not how I imagined her from the book, but oh well)
Another part of the story that I found really interesting was when Cal met his mother Kate
I've always wondered what that would feel like - growing up not knowing one of your parents and then finding them. 
Is it Joy? Sorrow? Many mixed emotions?

No comments:

Post a Comment